Yippie! It’s time to empty the “Honey Pot”, aka the Holding Tank. My wife and I flip for this honor… I don’t understand; even if I win the heads or tails coin toss, I still have to do it. Go figure huh?
Yeah, it’s an onerous chore, but one you can make a little more pleasant. With the Top Shelf Marine Products Holding Tank Quick Connect Adapter you don’t need to hold and maintain a seal on the deck fitting with the waste line.
+ Read More
Most Marinas and commercial pump out facilities provide a Friction Fit Adapter (FFA) to make contact with your deck fitting (Figure 1 & 2). They usually work fine but it requires you to maintain contact and a good seal for the entire pump out process. This can last up to 30 minutes depending on the pump out system and the capacity of your holding tank. That can be the longest 30 minutes of your life…… With our Quick Connect Adapter (QCA) all you need to do is temporarily remove the FFA (Fig 3), thread the QCA into your waste deck fitting (Fig 4) and re-connect the waste line to the QCA, via the industry standard PP Cam Lock connector (Fig 5). The PP Cam Lock connector on the waste line maintains the mechanical grip with the QCA while providing the seal for vacuum operation. This way you are hands free and you can escape that pleasant fragrance (Fig 6)
Features of the Holding Tank Quick Connect Adapter
- 100% Polypropylene constuction, non corrosive and chemical resistant
- Fits all 1 1/2″ PP Cam Lock Waste Lines
- Fits all 1 1/2″ NPT Deck mounted waste fittings (ensure your fitting is 1 1/2″ NPT/IPS*, there are some 1/1/4″, but usually on smaller vessles)
- Molded in “eyelet” for attaching lanyards or “keeper” lines
* Please note that 1 1/2″ NPT or IPS fittings measure 1.9″ (48mm) in diameter